Market Sales Manager - PacNW
Balance the Superfood Shot – a mission-driven company
We are Balance the Superfood Shot, a venture capital-backed brand out to change the health of America. We are real people who believe in real food. We wake up each day with the desire to make a difference and, if we’re lucky, leave the world a bit better than we found it. Balance the Superfood Shot provides ½ your daily servings of organic fruits and vegetables in an on-the-go, nutrient-dense & calorie efficient, 2oz shot. We make it is easy to get the organic super fruits & veggies your body needs. We are on a mission to change the health of America by making the right choice, the easy choice!
Come Grow with Us
We are looking for a dynamic, charismatic, and strategic sales leader to drive our growth from an emerging brand in the Pacific Northwest region. As a Balance the Superfood Shot Market Sales Manager, your primary objective will be to build our brand and presence throughout the Pacific Northwest region while delivering short and long-term revenue growth based on the company’s strategic plan.
You will also support the planning and execution of field marketing events in your region. You will be a face and advocate of our brand, help to educate retail and non-traditional accounts, distribution partners, broker partners, and consumers. Be passionate, engaging, memorable and love making a difference in people's lives through health.
Experience selling consumer goods to retailers is essential for this role as is being deeply analytical to make data-based decisions. Natural channel experience and relationships with key retailers and distributors are preferred, with at least 2+ years managing sales.
You will work directly with the National Sales Director to develop optimal market development strategies and build our presence in your region. This is a dynamic business development and leadership opportunity with long-term growth potential. Ideally, you reside in Seattle, WA or Portland, OR, however for the right person, an outlier city would be considered. Regional travel will be expected 50-75% in this role as your territory includes; Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.
Execute Wholesale Plan and Strategy with Leadership
- Deliver short and long term revenue goals
- Regional wholesale door expansion
- Annual account plans (Promotions, ads, Field Marketing support)
- Pull and analyze data and commit to KPI’s (revenue, new doors, velocity)
- Accounts receivable collection and credit management
Direct and Manage Third-Party Partners
- Key chains (Whole Foods Market, Natural Grocers, etc.)
- Broker (GrassRoots Marketing)
Direct and Oversee Daily Execution of Retail Accounts
- In-store staff-trainings
- Increase points of distribution
- Strategically execute field marketing demo’s
- KPI management
Lead In-Market Expansion and Sales
- New account pipeline management
- New account relationship building
- Key account sales & management
- Participate in regional trade shows
- Must have sales experience in consumer goods to retail chain accounts
- Knowledge of retail selling initiatives such as category management and information-based selling
- Thorough understanding of distributor operations and retail sales execution
- CPG natural channel experience required
- High level of expertise with analyzing information and problem-solving attitude
- A genuine passion for health and wellness
- 2+ years of experience
- Excellent communicator who will carry our flag and win the day
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial culture
- Gaining and sustaining new distribution for new brands preferred
Please complete this short survey to be considered for this position. Also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Balance the Superfood Shot
At Balance the Superfood Shot our mission is simple - to provide an easy and convenient way for busy moms, dads, kids, grandparents, teachers, accountants, desk jockeys, health nuts, people who fear vegetables and everyone else on this plant to improve their health. One shot at a time.
A world where knocking back your daily servings of organic fruits and vegetables is as easy as unscrewing the cap off of a small, metal bottle with the words “Balance the Superfood Shot” written on the side.
Tenacious - Each of us is determined to bring our endless passion in order to embrace the unknown and have the confidence to share our beliefs. We know the road to success is winding and requires the traveler to weather the storms of progress and it is that adventure that each of us lives for. We are diligent, hardworking and adaptable in our pursuit of success.
Authentic - We are consistent in word and deed. We are true to who we are, what we do and whom we serve. Only when we share our true selves and live our values will we have the power to build something of real purpose and make an impact on the world.
Conscious - Our focus as a company is not limited to just financial success but in our ability to benefit the planet and the people who live on it, thereby creating a lasting change for the better. We are focused on contributing to our local community while building towards a global impact on the health of our human race.